Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tips for Your Card Making

I love it when I learn something new!  One of my blog readers left me a comment yesterday in response to my problem of losing my photopolymer stamps.  (Thanks, Kim!)  Kim had a very good hint which I incorporated today.  Here was her tip:

I use an acrylic free standing photo frame to keep track of the loose stamps. I too clean at the end of creating. Cleaning kills the creative buzz. lol I keep the photo frame on my desk where I stamp. It's one left over from making those post it holders. I can stick those single stamps on to it, and they don't get lost. I can't see them when I drop them either. 

As it happens, I had a clear acrylic frame in my stash of Dollar Store items.  I slid a piece of card stock inside to make it a little easier to see and used it today while I was stamping.  (If you don't recognize these stamps, they are from the latest Paper Pumpkin.)  It's pretty cool - the stamps stick to the frame great!  Hopefully, no more crawling around on the floor looking for my stamps!





I also learned another tip today.  When you stamp an image and want to cut it out with a Framelit, do you find yourself going through all your framelits until you find the right size?  Well, that was what I was doing.  So, I spent a little time today solving that dilemma.  I cut some retired card stock (who doesn't have that laying around???) to 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" (whatever size works for you) and die cut a lot of my framelits.  I punched a hole in the top and have it hanging near my stamp table.  I may end up putting them in page protectors but haven't decided yet.  It already came in handy for me tonight as I was making a Christmas card and trying to decide on the sentiment.  Read the article HERE




.


1 comment:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Sharon. Am I ever glad I came over to your blog to see the details of the card you displayed at the Paper Craft Crew Challenge. While I really like the card, I LOVE the information that you shared in this post. I lost my little photopolymer ghost over a week ago and am still keeping my fingers crossed that it has somehow gotten stuck to some tool or stamp case and will be accidentally discovered. As the days pass, however, that prospect is looking dismal. I am looking at the frame on my table as I type. What an excellent way to ensure that other photopolymer stamps, especially the tiniest of them, don't do a disappearing act. Thanks so much for sharing this information. :)