Tuesday, September 30, 2014

MDS Vintage

The challenge this week on MDS Monday is to use a vintage photo or just create a vintage page.  This is one of my favorite pictures of my Mom.  She looks so cute!  I'm guessing she was about two years old??  Well, she celebrated her 86th birthday this past July so I guess this qualifies for vintage!  I hope this page will make her smile today.  Today marks 41 years since Daddy died and I know she will be remembering that day.

I used so many overlays on this page that it was really slowing down the program.  I kept saving it - I was afraid I would lock it up and have to start all over.  I've had to do that before so I try to remember to save often.

Make sure you visit the MDS Monday blog - there are some great vintage pictures there!


Here are the elements I used to create this page.

Background
     Designer Series Paper designer series paper\Downtown Grunge - 2

Embellishments
    Paper Doilies\Paper Doilies - pool party (re-colored) Color = SOFT SUEDE
    Soft Blooms - embellishments\Soft Blooms - 4 crumb cake
    Soft Blooms - embellishments\Soft Blooms - 4 crumb cake
    Soft Blooms - embellishments\Soft Blooms - 4 crumb cake
    _Designer Kits\Fan Fair - embellishments\Fan Fair - stitching black circle 2 (re-colored) Color = CHOCOLATE CHIP

Stamps
    _Designer Kits\Downtown Grunge\Downtown Grunge - script, Color = 0,0,0
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 4
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 3
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 12
    Torn Edges\Torn Edges - flower edge
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 12
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 13
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Vintage Overlays\Vintage Overlays - texture 4
    Everyday Adventure Project Life\Everyday Adventure Project Life - oval frame
    _Designer Kits\Seriously Teen Kit\Seriously Teen Kit - grunge 4, Color = 73,56,38
    _OVERLAY STAMPS\Thoughtful Overlays\Thoughtful Overlays - memories,
    Always\Always - sentiment 2
    _HOLIDAYS\Holiday Blitz\Holiday Blitz - mom
    Always\Always - sentiment 2
    Always\Always - sentiment 2

Punches
    Basics\1.25 Square Punch

5 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

WOW! This turned out FANTASTIC! I love the numerous layers of overlays. I never would have thought of doing that, but it works beautifully, especially with the dark, solid frame breaking everything up! GORGEOUS!!!!

Yapha said...

What a cute picture! And your page is an amazing mix of overlays that all look fantastic together! Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Heidi Baks said...

What a cute photo! And great use of overlays. Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

beth rush said...

great page! I love the way you used overlays to really give this a vintage feel. beautiful!

Unknown said...

Sharon, your page is just beautiful! I truly love how you've really captured the vintage-ness with all those overlays. And the colours are absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for playing along at MDS Monday!